WordPress 6.3 Beta 3 is ready for download and testing!
This version of the WordPress software is under development. Please do not install, run, or test this version on production or mission-critical websites. Instead, it is recommended you evaluate Beta 3 on a test server and site.
Get an overview of the 6.3 release cycle, and check the Make WordPress Core blog for 6.3-related posts in the coming weeks for further details. Also, save the date for a live product demo tentatively scheduled for Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 16:00 UTC (link TBD). This will be a great opportunity to join the WordPress community to celebrate the accomplishments of 6.3 and this final chapter of Phase 2.
Beta 3 highlights
Thanks to the many WordPress beta testers, this release contains approximately 34 (Site Editor) and 40+ (Trac) updates since the Beta 2 release. Nice work, team!
Browse the technical details for issues addressed since Beta 2 using these queries:
Test the new features in WordPress 6.3
Testing for issues is a critical part of developing any software, and it’s a meaningful way for anyone to contribute—whether you have experience or not.
While testing the upgrade process is essential, trying out new features is too. Review the many new features in WordPress 6.3 and focus your testing efforts on those areas in particular.
- Encountered an issue? Please report it to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. If you are comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, you can file one on WordPress Trac. You can also check your issue against a list of known bugs.
- New to testing? This detailed guide is a great place to start if you’ve never tested a beta release.
- Want to know more about testing releases in general? Follow along with the testing initiatives in Make Core and join the #core-test channel on the Making WordPress Slack.
Vulnerability bounty doubles during the Beta/RC phases
Between the Beta 1 release and the final release candidate (RC), the monetary reward for reporting new, unreleased security vulnerabilities is double. Please follow responsible disclosure practices as detailed in the project’s security practices and policies outlined on the HackerOne page and in the security white paper.
Get WordPress 6.3 Beta 3
You can test WordPress 6.3 Beta 3 in three ways:
- Option 1: Install and activate the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (select the “Bleeding edge” channel and “Beta/RC Only” stream).
- Option 2: Direct download the Beta 3 version (zip).
- Option 3: Use the following WP-CLI command:
wp core update --version=6.3-beta3
The current target for the final release is August 8, 2023, which is about five weeks away. Your help testing this version ensures everything in this release is the best.
A Beta 3 Haiku for You
Beta three, a peek
Summer here and winter there
A fourth in one week